Monday, September 14, 2009

Obama's Wars: Victims' families tell their stories following Nato airstrike in Afghanistan

As far as I know this has not been reported in US media. 'I took some flesh home and called it my son.' The Guardian interviews 11 villagers
'"We didn't recognise any of the dead when we arrived," said Omar Khan, the turbaned village chief of Eissa Khail. "It was like a chemical bomb had gone off, everything was burned. The bo...dies were like this," he brought his two hands together, his fingers curling like claws. "There were like burned tree logs, like charcoal."'

'"A man comes and says, 'I lost my brother and cousin', so we gave him two bodies," said Omar Khan. "Another says I lost five relatives, so we gave him five bodies to take home and bury. When we had run out of bodies we started giving them limbs, legs, arms, torsos." In the end only five families went away without anything. "Their sons are still missing."'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting.

Please be considerate... no off-topic, racist, sexist or homophobic comments.

Comment moderation is on.

No anonymous comments will be accepted..